SNV, Wageningen University & Research (WUR), the CGIAR research programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS), Agriterra and Rabo Partnership, and is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS).
This position is part of an SNV Country Organisation and works within Kenya on the Climate Resilient Agribusiness for Tomorrow (CRAFT) project.
The Advisor specializes in agriculture/agribusiness, and business development services providing technical insights and advisory services on products and interventions to the CRAFT project. The Advisor gives input to the country Project Manager and project partners to meet the agreed objectives and realize successful interventions. The Advisor identifies opportunities and areas for improvement, to ensure quality delivery. The ultimate objective for this position is to contribute to ensuring sustainability and long-term impact as SMEs and farmers transition to adopting CSA practices and more cooperatives, service providers, investors, and other stakeholders adopt CRAFT approaches and products.
The Agribusiness Services Advisor reports directly to the overall Programme Manager for CRAFT East Africa and the Kenya Country Director and collaborates closely with the agriculture global sector team.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- The Agri-Food & BDS Advisor will be responsible for guiding the adoption of climate-smart technologies by farmers and SMEs. The BDS Advisor will be responsible for guiding the adoption of climate-smart technologies by farmers and SMEs.
- S/he will advise on specific climate-smart interventions and extension systems in the business cases for scaling.
- Provide support to SMEs and farmer groups/cooperatives on the most appropriate climate integration strategies, which enhances the income of producers/agribusiness.
- S/he has the responsibility of the development and implementation of business cases sustainability strategies whereby climate-smart agriculture interventions are integrated into the value chain from an agronomic, financial, and inclusion perspective.
- Support, coordinate, and provide technical assistance to businesses on specific areas of need identified.
- Support the scaling of profitable climate-smart innovations with smallholder farmers in collaboration with the research partners.
- Support SMEs in developing strategies for the promotion, market uptake, and scaling of evidence-based climate-smart technologies.
- Contribute to improved service delivery to farmers by cooperatives in collaboration with consortium partners.
- Support scaling with linkages between farmers, cooperatives, public and private service providers, SME’s and other relevant stakeholders.
- Set up coaching programs on agribusiness management for female entrepreneurs and youth.
- Support agribusiness platforms to promote, advise and jointly agree on climate-proofing value chains, policy recommendations and climate-smart investments.
- Incentivize and coach strategic service providers to scale selected CSA practices and technologies together with agribusinesses.
- Contribute to country MEL activities.
- University degree in a relevant field; Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy. A Master’s degree is an added advantage,
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in the prioritized commodities (pulses, oilseed, potatoes, and grains).
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities in Kenya, preferably also at the global level.
- Experience in Climate Change financing, agribusiness development, and climate-smart agriculture.
- Ability and demonstrated experience in designing and implementing of private sector-oriented interventions.
- Experience in female and youth entrepreneurship programs.
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
- Understanding of climate change risk management and inclusion of smallholder producers into the supply chain.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Flexible approach to take on additional responsibilities as assigned/delegated by the Country Project Manager.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
This is a full-time national employment position. This position is for an initial one-year period with the possibility of renewal based on performance and funding.
How to apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting your CV and cover letter in English before Friday, 22nd December 2023.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
Click on link to apply!
RefuSHE Jobs | Marketing, Communication, Operations, M&E
Careers & Internships RefuSHE provides the full spectrum of care and protection for refugee girls, young women, and children in Kenya. We invite you to learn more about our open… Read more: RefuSHE Jobs | Marketing, Communication, Operations, M&E
Sanergy Jobs | Impact Jobs | Sales Fundraising Finance Ops
Our Job Offers Join us, we offer you an extraordinary chance to learn, to develop and to be part of an exciting experience and team. Credit Associate – MARCH 20245… Read more: Sanergy Jobs | Impact Jobs | Sales Fundraising Finance Ops
MEDAIR Jobs | Global Positions| Operations Admin Finance
Medair Jobs Ukraine Program / Project Management | Field – International staff Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Advisor ROC Required Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed… Read more: MEDAIR Jobs | Global Positions| Operations Admin Finance
Article19 Jobs | Global Remote Hybrid Positions
Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that everyone has the right to freedom of expression and opinion. This includes the right to hold opinions without interference… Read more: Article19 Jobs | Global Remote Hybrid Positions
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation EGPAF Jobs | Multiple Positions Africa Asia EU Americas|
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a nonprofit organization that works to prevent pediatric HIV infection and eliminate pediatric AIDS. EGPAF was founded in 1988 by Elizabeth Glaser, Susan DeLaurentis,… Read more: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation EGPAF Jobs | Multiple Positions Africa Asia EU Americas|