Land O’Lakes Venture37 is the lead project implementer for the Nourishing Prosperity Alliance (NPA) project, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The purpose of the NPA project is to establish commercially viable and sustainable forage markets that equitably strengthen the regional competitiveness of the dairy industries in Kenya and Ethiopia. The NPA project in Kenya will be implemented across Central and Rift Valley regions, with an office in Nakuru.
The Forage Business Development Officer will:
- Develop training materials and organize trainings targeting dairy and forage producers and micro-, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) servicing them, in strengthening their business skills and financial literacy.
- Develop capacity building and operationalization of business and marketing plans for MSME’s and forage/dairy farmer businesses
- Build the business case for forage production by developing pricing models and cost of production models.
- Facilitate market linkages between dairy producers, forage producers, and agribusinesses in the project’s target areas.
- Contribute to implementation of improved regulations impacting businesses in the forage sector, including seed certification and importation.
The Forage Business Development Officer will report to the National Coordinator and will be based in Nakuru.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Extension or other relevant fields.
- At least four (4) years of experience in business development, preferably in the agriculture and livestock sectors.
- Experience working in the private sector on topics of business strategy or operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the policy/regulatory landscape impacting businesses in the livestock/feed sector, such as seed registration.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops and training days.
- Experience in working with different partners, particularly women and youth, demonstrating effective communication and professionalism with people of different backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals only and is compensated according to Venture37’s local compensation plan in Kenya.
- IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and AsiaIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and Asia
- IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| AdminIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| Admin
- BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa AsiaABOUT US BRAC International operates in 10 countries across Africa and Asia. We envision a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to… Read more: BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa Asia
- Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration JobsHere’s a digest of popular positions, with some closing soon from multiple employers in the Humanitarian Development space. Opportunities Finance Manager, Kenya Livestock Market Systems ActivityACDI/VOCA Investment Product Scoping STTA,… Read more: Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration Jobs
- World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal CommunicationsThe World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. Subsequent presidents include Jonathan… Read more: World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal Communications