Join our team of innovative, likeminded individuals to change the world through clean energy.
Sustainable change requires passionate people
We are always keen to work with like-minded world-changers who share our passion for sustainable development. Though we don’t often have staff vacancies, there are occasionally new roles to fill and any positions we have available (both paid and voluntary) will be advertised below.
Current Job Vacancies
Finance and Administration Officer, Kenya
1.2 billion people are still living in poverty, inequality is rising, and the world is failing to decarbonise quickly enough to avoid climate disaster. The world’s poorest people contributed little to climate change, yet they are most impacted, and least able to adapt. This is not fair. And it is not sustainable.
RW is a small but rapidly growing International NGO (INGO) helping to improve lives and tackle climate change through clean energy. This growth has been driven largely through programme expansion in Nepal, but RW has been active in Kenya since 2013, working through local partners to install 10 microgrids in the Lake Victoria Region and supporting communities to operate microgrids for household and productive use. Our programmes in Kenya are growing and we are expanding our team accordingly.
The Finance Officer in Kenya will be responsible for all aspects of the finance function of Renewable World’s branch in Kenya including day-to-day management and book-keeping as well as ensuring financial compliance of the RW Kenya activities and overseeing the annual financial audit. As the Kenya programme grows, there may be an opportunity to develop this role further and increase the number of hours and the seniority of the post.
For more information about the role, including responsibilities and person specification, please view the Job Description.
Application Deadline: 23:59, Sunday 22nd October 2023
How to Apply: Please submit your CV and a cover letter (no more than two pages), describing your experience and how you meet the person specification, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a first interview during the week commencing 6th November 2023.
Additional Information: Renewable World is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities in our workforce. Due to the expected volume of applicants, we will not be able to acknowledge candidates who are not shortlisted.
- IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and AsiaIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and Asia
- IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| AdminIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| Admin
- BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa AsiaABOUT US BRAC International operates in 10 countries across Africa and Asia. We envision a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to… Read more: BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa Asia
- Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration JobsHere’s a digest of popular positions, with some closing soon from multiple employers in the Humanitarian Development space. Opportunities Finance Manager, Kenya Livestock Market Systems ActivityACDI/VOCA Investment Product Scoping STTA,… Read more: Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration Jobs
- World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal CommunicationsThe World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. Subsequent presidents include Jonathan… Read more: World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal Communications