Position: Digital Engagement Officer
Reports to: Head of Global Political Strategy
Location: Remote and flexible
Capacity: Full-Time Contract
Climate Action Network (CAN) is a global network of more than 1,900 civil society organisations in over 130 countries driving collective and sustainable action to fight the climate crisis and to achieve social and racial justice. CAN convenes and coordinates civil society at the UN climate talks and other international fora.
The members of CAN work collaboratively to achieve these goals through common strategies and actions, alliance buildings, campaigns, information exchanges at international, regional and national levels. Besides the CAN International Secretariat where this position is being hosted, CAN has 23 regional and national network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world.
Do you consider yourself an agent of change? Are you passionate about fighting for climate, social and racial justice? Are you willing to bring about change in society and work hard and with long hours, when needed? If yes, then this role is for you. We believe in the wellbeing of our team members and provide them all necessary care and support, as they dedicate themselves to the cause for climate justice.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are in search of a proficient Digital Engagement Officer to design and implement Climate Action Network’s dynamic digital engagement strategy. The successful candidate will augment our online visibility and leverage social media platforms to spotlight our network, campaigns, programs, and initiatives, thereby fostering greater engagement within our community. This role is a perfect fit for a self-starter – someone who is motivated, driven, and can effectively collaborate within a team while also operating independently to champion the cause of climate justice.
- Collaborate with the CAN Communications team and the Executive Team to craft and implement a comprehensive digital strategy, ensuring its adoption and implementation across the Secretariat and network.
- Develop and manage our social media strategy across multiple platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) to enhance our online visibility and engagement with nodes, network members, donors, supporters, and the wider public.
- Create and share daily content to foster meaningful community connections and inspire action.
- Monitor and manage online conversations, brand reputation, and respond promptly to comments and queries.
- Collaborate with the Secretariat, network, working groups, and partners to integrate digital advocacy and campaigning strategies into the overall political strategy, work plan, and individual campaigns.
- Partner with the fundraising team to articulate a clear, external-facing vision for CAN-I, easily understood by various audiences.
- Work creatively with teams across the Secretariat and network to produce unique digital products that align with CAN’s strategy and strengthen our online presence.
- Integrate all digital tools into a comprehensive digital advocacy infrastructure.
- Facilitate a working group of digital campaigners across CAN’s network to develop campaign strategies and content.
- Expand CAN’s supporter base through constituent relationship management system, leading its deployment for campaign CTAs in line with the digital political strategy.
- Monitor the success of every social media campaign using analytics tools and provide regular updates to the team.
- Manage the CAN Website, ensuring it is actively used as a campaigning tool, its content is high-quality, on-brand, and SEO-friendly.
- Develop and manage a CAN Community Site to engage network members and nodes.
- Stay abreast of digital communication trends, set and monitor metrics, and adapt the digital strategy based on thorough evaluation.
- Enhance CAN’s follower base on social media platforms and review progress periodically.
- Proofread, evaluate, produce, and publish high-quality digital content, including graphics, videos, newsletters, email campaigns, web pages, and social media posts.
- Research innovative ways to create interactive content that prompts stakeholders to take action, provide thought leadership on digital trends for the CAN network, and conduct training as needed.
- Be prepared to manage staff in the area of digital communications, depending on organizational development.
- Take on additional tasks as needed to support the delivery of the political and building power strategy.
- RefuSHE Jobs | Marketing, Communication, Operations, M&E
- Sanergy Jobs | Impact Jobs | Sales Fundraising Finance Ops
- MEDAIR Jobs | Global Positions| Operations Admin Finance
- Article19 Jobs | Global Remote Hybrid Positions
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation EGPAF Jobs | Multiple Positions Africa Asia EU Americas|