Consultant, Advancement Specialist (Part-time, Contract, Remote)
Website Black Fox Philanthropy
Helps organizations around the globe attract significant funding
Consultant, Advancement Specialist (Part-time, Contract, Remote)
Black Fox Philanthropy is a quickly-growing fundraising firm serving leading nonprofits in the global social sector. We help clients secure significant financial resources so they can focus on doing their work in the world. Black Fox is a woman-owned certified B Corp and advises nonprofits across all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our culture is one of purposeful action. We work with a high level of integrity, ferocity, intelligence, and a heart for the world. Black Fox is family-friendly, valuing flexibility, meaningful impact, and outcomes over punching a clock. Our Mission and Values are at the core of everything we do. Find more on the Black Fox Code here:http://blackfoxphilanthropy.com/black-fox-code/
Black Fox is seeking an Advancement Specialist to supercharge the outreach capacities of our nonprofit and social impact clients. Working closely with them to engage deeply aligned prospective funders who have been identified by our research team members, you will serve as an extension of our clients’ team, helping them to become known to funding prospects via phone calls, emails and LOI submissions. The Advancement Specialist helps clients implement strategies to get as close to new funding as possible, as soon as possible, creating a path to formal invitations for grant proposals. The role varies from project to project with emphasis on strategic advisory, expert outreach to existing funders and the relationship development of potential new funders uncovered in our research process. Additionally, as needed for more complex funders, you will create funding roadmaps to help clients visualize action steps they can take toward developing a successful and enduring relationship.
Our clients have powerful missions and visions, and tremendous capacity to have profound impact. Their time is best invested in face-to-face meetings. The objective of the Advancement Specialist is to ensure that they spend their time and resources wisely and advance deeply-aligned relationships.
● Complete regular bi-weekly check-ins with clients to review progress on outreach efforts and the health of the overall engagement and its deliverable progress.
● Effectively coach clients on ways to energize their internal “culture of philanthropy” and strengthen that foundation in ways that attract the kinds of funding they seek.
● Demonstrate effective implementation and execution of relationship building actions as a behind-the-scenes expert on direct outreach strategies for existing, pre-identified funding prospects, and counsel clients on their overall fundraising approach.
● Secure meetings on behalf of clients’ primary fundraiser(s) via video conference, face-to-face, and/or at sector convenings like the Skoll World Forum (varies on a case-by-case basis)
● Secure invitations to submit LOIs and grant proposals.
● In collaboration with our communications team members, provide support for
messaging and editing of communications materials as needed and appropriate.
● In collaboration with our research team members, provide support for research
and work with clients to prioritize and re-prioritize their top prospects.
● Monitor progress toward promised deliverables over the arc of the engagement
and prepare a final playbook to capture assets, strategies and lessons learned so that clients can take their experience forward with an understanding of their next steps and immediate opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We want you to apply if…
● You have a demonstrated track record of raising significant funds through philanthropy, especially through foundations and grant-making institutions.
● You have a passion for helping to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems.
● You are driven by results and delight in exceeding expectations.
● You are an out-of-the box thinker who thrives on finding engaging ways to advance funder relationships.
● You enjoy an outcome-oriented culture that values flexibility and accountability.
● You have the ability to craft strategic road maps that map to varied funding sources.
● You can comprehensively digest a new organization and quickly turn around to speak intelligently and compellingly about their mission and programming.
● You are organized with strong project management skills—self-motivated and able to self-manage, and have strong collaboration skills.
● You have a strong ability to empathize with a client, assess the funding landscape, think creatively, uncover and secure new funding sources
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● You are willing to come alongside clients in both fundraising strategy creation and execution.
● You build and manage relationships based on impeccable integrity.
● You excel at matching the investment of time with the greatest outcomes and are able to work with clients to help manage expectations and avoid scope creep.
● You are a strong, thoughtful and diplomatic communicator capable of keeping
BFP leadership informed about any changes such as additional needs of the
client to expand the scope or the timing of contracted deliverables.
● Knowledge of the global nonprofit sector
● Five or more years of relevant work experience, or the equivalent in ability, focused upon fundraising and development.
● Grant writing skills a plus.
Additional areas of expertise that are particularly interesting to our team include:
● Experience raising creative funding and dollars from outside of traditional foundations (e.g., bilateral funders, blended capital, impact investing, corporate philanthropy, venture philanthropy, alternative funding, etc.)
● Expertise in fundraising in and for Latin America, Africa, and/or India
● Spanish and/or French fluency
● Expertise and interest to also serve in a contracted role with Black Fox as a Research Specialist or Communications Specialist
This is a remote contract role. The time commitment is estimated at 50-90 hours per project over the course of 6-12 months. Contractors may accept 1-4 projects at a time. The upper range of compensation for this position is $55 – $70 per hour, or the project-based equivalent. Please note that we work with organizations across the globe and the ability to occasionally take meetings outside of business hours is necessary for us to meet our client’s needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
- RefuSHE Jobs | Marketing, Communication, Operations, M&E
- Sanergy Jobs | Impact Jobs | Sales Fundraising Finance Ops
- MEDAIR Jobs | Global Positions| Operations Admin Finance
- Article19 Jobs | Global Remote Hybrid Positions
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation EGPAF Jobs | Multiple Positions Africa Asia EU Americas|