Operations Manual Development Consultancy
- Urgent Action Fund-Africa
URGENT ACTION FUND – AFRICA
Operations Manual Development Consultancy
Contract type: Consultancy
Contract timeline: 1st to 15th November 2023 (15 Calendar days)
Application Deadline 23rd October 2023
Urgent Action Fund-Africa (UAF-Africa) is a consciously feminist and womn’s human rights pan-Africa Fund registered in Kenya and Zimbabwe. Operating as a virtual organisation, the Fund boasts of strategic presence in Africa’s five sub-regions- East Africa: Nairobi & Makuyu-Kenya, Kampala-Uganda and Addis Ababa-Ethiopia; North Africa: Cairo-Egypt; Central Africa: Bujumbura- Burundi; Southern Africa: Harare-Zimbabwe, Lilongwe-Malawi, Antananarivo, Madagascar, Johannesburg & Cape town-South Africa; and West Africa: Benue & Abuja States -Nigeria and Parakou-Benin and Yaoundé and Doula Cameroon and Lomé, Togo.
Recognising the need to move resources rapidly on a continent where opportunities and threats arise and decline quickly, UAF-Africa uses a Rapid Response Grant-making mechanism to support unanticipated, time-sensitive, innovative, and unique initiatives that promote womn’s agency in democratic governance, economic, environmental and climate justice, natural resources governance and conflict transformation while protecting their personhood, integrity, and rights.
This year, the fund engaged in an introspective process to look back and learn, consider the present shifting context, and prepare for a feminist future. The purpose of seeking an expert in the field is to develop an Operations Manual compatible with the needs of the Fund to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness whilst contributing towards appropriate internal controls, transparency and accountability.
Following this reflective process, the Fund seeks an expert in the field to develop an Operations Manual that will specifically:
- Document all Fund’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Be used as a source of reference material for all staff.
- Make the Fund’s operations scalable across our virtual/remote working locations.
3. Required Expertise for the consultancy.
The Consultant(s) or firm must have the following skills:
- Master’s degree in business, Organizational Development, or the equivalent
- At least ten years of experience in institutional policy development and capacity strengthening.
- Proven or demonstrated experience in developing and implementing institutional operations and procedures manual.
- Feminist with contextual knowledge of the womn’s rights situation on the continent and commitment to adhering to individual and organisational feminist principles and values.
- Knowledge and experience in multi-donor-funded projects, philanthropy, feminism, and gender issues would be an added advantage.
4. Scope of Activities
The consultant will work with the Finance and Operations Officers on this assignment and will be contracted based on their professional experience and expert skills as desired for this assignment.
The assignment is expected to take approximately 12 working days, divided as follows.
- Two Planning days – two days
- Eight days for Execution (These will include office visits, interviews, drafting and revision of policy documents, closure, and presentation).
- Two days for subsequent discussions
5. Deliverables of the Assignment
The assignment has two main deliverables:
- Draft Operations Manual: The consultant is expected to attend one introductory meeting, desk review of internal policies and procedures, conduct interviews with staff and consolidate information from interviews and best practices. The draft report will also include the proposed outline of the Operational Manual.
- Final Operations Manual: UAF-Africa Senior management will review the draft Operations Manual and provide feedback that will inform the subsequent update of the draft manual. The final Operations Manual, together with all the relevant annexures/templates, will be approved by the Finance and Operations Director.
6. Payment processes
The consultant will be paid an initial payment plan of 30% upon signing the contract. 40% will be paid on submission of the draft policy document, and the balance (30%) will be paid upon satisfactory completion of the engagement.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the UAF-Africa website & apply for this role using the below link:
No phone calls, please.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about UAF-Africa and our programs, please visit our website at http://www.uaf-africa.org/.
- IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and AsiaIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and Asia
- IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| AdminIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| Admin
- BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa AsiaABOUT US BRAC International operates in 10 countries across Africa and Asia. We envision a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to… Read more: BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa Asia
- Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration JobsHere’s a digest of popular positions, with some closing soon from multiple employers in the Humanitarian Development space. Opportunities Finance Manager, Kenya Livestock Market Systems ActivityACDI/VOCA Investment Product Scoping STTA,… Read more: Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration Jobs
- World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal CommunicationsThe World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. Subsequent presidents include Jonathan… Read more: World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal Communications