In-Country Consultancy Nairobi
Terms Of Reference
2SCALE is an incubator and accelerator program that manages a portfolio of public-private partnerships (PPPs) for inclusive business in agri-food sectors and industries. With the financial support from the Dutch government, the 2SCALE program started in 2012 and will end in 2023, is one of the largest incubators of inclusive agribusiness in sub-Saharan Africa.
2SCALE provides a range of support services to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), that act as lead firms. Together with producer organizations, agribusiness clusters, and other grassroots actors, we enable them to produce, transform and supply quality food products to local, national, and regional end-user markets, including BoP consumers, while at the same time developing fair and sustainable relations with smallholder farmers and other local entrepreneurs. Over the past few years, 2SCALE has impacted significantly smallholder agriculture and agribusiness across sub-Saharan Africa. The targets were ambitious, but they have been met or exceeded, thanks to the commitment from farmers, other grassroots actors, and the private sector.
The Communications Consultant shall contribute to the communication activities of 2SCALE under the direct supervision of the Anglophone Communication Specialist.
Principal tasks and responsibilities during this period will be as follows:
- Develop and disseminate a regular stream of communication materials, documenting program progress and achievements in 2SCALE program countries. These may include but are not limited to: – Stories from the field (i.e. success stories, case studies.)- Social media updates, Project briefs, Fact sheets, Photographs, Videos
- Contribute to the consistent showcasing of social media content from 2SCALE partnerships.
- Support the proper usage of 2SCALE brand assets by the 2SCALE team
- Contributes to the organization and preparation of external field/media events.
- Take high-quality photos and videos of 2SCALE interventions across the partnerships Required skills · Excellent oral, written, and communication skills in English
- Ability to critically examine and review documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in an environment with multiple stakeholders and people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks
- Ability and willingness to travel within the country
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm, adaptability, and flexibility
- Able to think creatively about the use of digital and visual communication.
- Any other media and communications-related duties as may be assigned from time to time
The Communications Consultant shall be based in either Ethiopia, Ghana or Kenya but should be a citizen of any of the 3 countries and willing to travel within the country they will be based in.
The consultant will be engaged for a period of 6 months
The Communications Consultant shall be based in Ethiopia, Kenya or Ghana but should be available to travel within the country they will be based in.
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build good relationships internally and externally for effective teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Communication, Journalism, Digital Media or a related discipline
- Two (2) years experience in media and communication such as producing written and audio-visual content, social media management, and graphic design preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Fluent in English
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills