The Business Development Senior Manager (BDM) will actively grow the CWS Kenya Country office institutional funding and will manage BD opportunities and partnerships. As a result, he/she will act as the main focal point for the Kenya Country Office for Business Development and will establish and maintain close relationships with institutional donor technical and senior staff, including USAID (including BHA), WFP, ECHO and UNHCR and others.
The BD Senior Manager will work under the supervision of the Kenya Country Representative and in close coordination with CWS’ Director of Business Development – International (HQ). They will work closely with the CWS Africa Regional Deputy Representative for Programs and the HQ Technical Unit, along with applicable staff at the country, regional and HQ level, to identify and manage BD opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of CWS funding strategies. The BD Senior Manager will manage the full BD lifecycle including supporting technical writing and working with finance staff to develop and finalize project budgets for submission. In the event of a humanitarian emergency, the BD Senior Manager will work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary the working hours accordingly.
The Business Development Senior Manager will provide guidance and capacity building on new business development, actively track, and analyze pipeline and portfolios, on planning for key must win opportunities, and for ensuring well-coordinated and competitive proposal management processes are used. The Kenya Business Development Senior Manager will work collaboratively with counterparts in other CWS Africa Country Offices when called upon.
This is a high-level position within the Resettlement Support Center (RSC Africa) operated by CWS. RSC Africa covers refugee processing in 49 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The Deputy Director of RSC Program Implementation is responsible for the management of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) processing and cultural orientation at RSC Africa. With five direct reports, the position is responsible for ensuring that RSC procedures adhere to required guidelines, coordinating among the various units, maintaining effective relationships with partners, and providing leadership on all processing and cultural orientation issues. This position is a member of the RSC Africa Senior Management Team (SMT). The successful candidate must be approved, in writing, by the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) prior to confirmation of hire.
Key relationships: Internal to CWS: RSC Director, Deputy Director, RSC Program Development and Quality; RSC Africa Senior Management Team and direct reports External: PRM, IOM, UNHCR, RefugePoint and HIAS Working Environment: Mostly office-based in Nairobi, Kenya, with periodic travel to the field as required
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services. The HR Manager is responsible for overseeing the HR function of CWS Rwanda. This position will have responsibility over the organization’s recruitment & selection, compensation and benefits administration, training and development, labor relations and HR administration. This position ensures that CWS Africa’s HR priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly adhered to. S/he will model the organizational values of CWS and will support colleagues to understand and live these values.
This role will supervise HR Supervisor Key relationships: Internal to CWS – Line Managers/Supervisors, – HR Colleagues across CWS RSC Africa – All CWS RCS Africa staff. External – HR service providers, other organizations. Working Environment – Office and/work from home environment.Periodic travel to the field as may be required.
This position is primarily responsible for carrying out the purchasing and procurement functions of supplies, equipment and services. It ensures procurement of high-quality and cost efficient supplies, equipment and services. The position is also responsible for maintaining purchasing records and facilitating accurate documentation to Finance.
TheAssociate Director – Regional Business Development – Africa will actively support the institutional funding growth and diversification of Church World Service programs in Africa and will lead on key multi-country funding opportunities and partnerships as required. Associate Director – Regional Business Development will act in close partnership with CWS’ Business Development team (HQ) and regional program leadership to establish and maintain close relationships with institutional donor technical staff, including USAID, BHA, Feed the Future, Hunger Project, WFP, ECHO and UK AID and others. The Associate Director – Regional Business Development, working under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Representative – Program, with a reporting line to the CWS HQ Business Development Unit, will identify and track funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of CWS funding strategies.
The Associate Director – Regional Business Developmentwill provide coordination and logistical support for funding priorities and targets, proposal development, submissions, competitive analysis and positioning, and contribute to the portfolio’s strategic development. The Associate Director – Regional Business Development will provide guidance and capacity building on new business development, actively track, and analyze project pipeline and portfolios, on planning for key must win new opportunities, and for ensuring well-coordinated and competitive proposal management processes are used.
The Deputy Regional Representative, Operations will oversee and monitor the transition of CWS Africa centralized…
- IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and AsiaIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and Asia
- IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| AdminIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| Admin
- BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa AsiaABOUT US BRAC International operates in 10 countries across Africa and Asia. We envision a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to… Read more: BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa Asia
- Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration JobsHere’s a digest of popular positions, with some closing soon from multiple employers in the Humanitarian Development space. Opportunities Finance Manager, Kenya Livestock Market Systems ActivityACDI/VOCA Investment Product Scoping STTA,… Read more: Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration Jobs
- World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal CommunicationsThe World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. Subsequent presidents include Jonathan… Read more: World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal Communications