Business Travel Consultant (3 days per week)
Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing WIEGO
Remote - Home-Based Location
Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO) is a global network focused on securing livelihoods for the working poor, especially women, in the informal economy. We believe all workers should have equal economic opportunities and rights. WIEGO creates change by building capacity among informal worker organizations, expanding the knowledge base about the informal economy and influencing local, national and international laws and policies.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Travel Consultant with a sound working knowledge of reservations, fares and ticketing ideally gained within an airline/airport environment. The majority of WIEGO’s travel originates outside of the United Kingdom so you will need to use your extensive global/destination knowledge and expertise to book appropriate flight itineraries for WIEGO Team, external consultants and representatives from Member Based Organizations (MBOs). All bookings are currently managed offline via WIEGO’s Travel Management Company (TMC) although implementation of an Online Booking Tool (OBT) is in the planning. For this position occasional travel may be required.
To be successful for this position you will need to have:
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a similar role (i.e. Ticket/Reservation agent), with a strong understanding of reservations, fares, and ticketing, preferably within the airline or airport industry.
- Experience dealing with high volumes of email requests and processing complex travel bookings and associated services.
- Working knowledge of global travel destinations and airline routes.
- Proficiency in using travel booking systems and tools.
- Experience in making and managing hotel group bookings, events planning, ground transportation arrangements, and visa applications.
- Experience with OBTs desirable.
- Fluent in English is essential with Spanish and/or French desirable.
- Keen interest in world events, particularly those that may affect global travel.
- Demonstrated commitment to sound cybersecurity practices.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, managing time effectively.
- Problem-solving skills to address travel-related issues.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing travel plans and priorities.
- Competence using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite and Zoom.
What we offer
This is a 3 days/week consultancy role and working hours are aligned with WIEGO´s TMC operating hours (09:00 – 17:30 GMT). The consultancy contract runs until the end of March 2025 with possibility of renewal afterwards.
The position is offered with an initial 3-month trial contract. The position is home-based and successful candidates will need to have their own office and office equipment.
Pay is dependent on experience, location and the role profile as defined by WIEGO’s Remuneration Policy– this will be discussed with the successful candidate.
To be considered for this position, please submit your application to email@example.com which will need to include:
- a cover letter, explaining how you fulfil the above requirements;
- curriculum vitae with 2-3 contactable references;
You will also need to answer the following question in your cover letter:
- Provide an example of a complex travel booking scenario you successfully managed in the past? Please describe the specific challenges you encountered, your problem-solving approach, and the outcome of the situation. We’re interested in hearing about your problem-solving abilities and your ability to navigate complex travel arrangements effectively (max words 500).
Please note that only candidates who have addressed this question in their cover letter will be considered.
The deadline for submission is 7th November 2023.
WIEGO is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All applicants are welcome.
- IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and AsiaIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Consulting Jobs | Focus on Africa and Asia
- IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| AdminIUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is a membership Union of government and civil society organisations. Together, we work to advance sustainable development and create a just world that… Read more: IUCN Global Jobs |Multiple Positions| Entry Level to Experienced| Admin
- BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa AsiaABOUT US BRAC International operates in 10 countries across Africa and Asia. We envision a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to… Read more: BRAC Global Careers |Humanitarian and Development Jobs | Africa Asia
- Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration JobsHere’s a digest of popular positions, with some closing soon from multiple employers in the Humanitarian Development space. Opportunities Finance Manager, Kenya Livestock Market Systems ActivityACDI/VOCA Investment Product Scoping STTA,… Read more: Humanitarian & Development Jobs | Finance and Administration Jobs
- World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal CommunicationsThe World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. Subsequent presidents include Jonathan… Read more: World Resources Institute WRI Jobs | Africa Asia Europe LatAm Positions| Programs Legal Communications